The Purchasing Agent is responsible for assisting the Purchasing Manager in enacting commercial transactions by coordinating the purchasing effort to procure subcontractors and suppliers of construction equipment, materials, professional and technical services, and construction trades necessary to perform construction in support of Grunley Construction Company’s interests.
Develop scopes of work
- Examine and interpret drawings, specifications, technical requirements, logistics, schedule, qualifications, general requirements and conditions, and other Prime Contract and Grunley safety requirements to determine contractual obligations and flow down requirements.
- Review details for practicality of Construction, Operations, and Maintenance.
- Prepare after bid contract scope packages for Lump Sum, Unit Price, Design/Build, and CMc contracts.
Negotiate Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, and Professional Service Agreements
- Solicit subcontractor and supplier pricing
- Prepare for distribution of subcontract agreements, purchase orders, and professional service agreements and associated Prime Contract Documents and exhibits.
- Conduct in person and over the phone scope review meetings with competitive bidders to ensure bids are based on equal scopes of work.
- Verifies proper subcontractor and supplier scopes prior to and during negotiation.
- Make appropriate award decisions in Grunley Construction Company’s interest.
- Build and maintain relationships with subcontractors and vendors
- Maintain project budget and buyout logs and track the budget through buyout and construction.
- Perform interviews of potential subcontractors and vendors and adequately document for future use.
Bachelor's degree is required. The Purchasing Agent requires four (4) years of experience working in the construction industry, with strong background knowledge of contracts, costs, scheduling, estimating, construction means and methods, and general knowledge of the overall operations of a general contracting company.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess strong team building, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to make a decision
- Strong negotiation abilities
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit
Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or Business is preferred. Experience with Procore is preferred.
How to apply If you wish to express interest, please visit http://www.grunley.com/careers.
Grunley is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 240-399-6162 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Post ends 3/30/2018