The Superintendent is responsible for the construction site and all activities occurring therein. The Superintendent oversees and directs the material, tools, equipment, and labor used to complete the construction activities. The Superintendent is responsible for job site logistics, scheduling, quality control (Level II, or III as appropriate), safety, field office operations and overall morale.
The Superintendent reports to the Director of Field Operations and is assigned project responsibility under the Senior Project Manager/Project Executive.
- Supervision of Grunley Employees: coordination of work of all Grunley Field Employees; direct Grunley Foremen, Field Engineer(s) and Assistant Superintendent(s); and coordinate Carpenters, Laborers, Bricklayers, etc. with Grunley's Labor Manager
- Subcontractors: responsible for coordination of all subcontractor activities; and direct subcontractor foremen accordingly
- Schedule: assist in developing of the baseline project schedule; assist with monthly updating of the project schedule; keep project on schedule; develop two week look ahead schedule
- Inspections: Monitor inspections that are performed by others; inspect site daily to identify potential problems and develop resolutions; and implement Quality Control Program
- Temporary Construction Materials: Determine need; take off, order and maintain as appropriate; and contract purchasing
- Equipment: determine need and schedule requirements; get competitive prices on rentals; and notify office of rental and termination of equipment
- Safety: inspections; perform weekly tool box talks; and verify that M.S.D.S. system is in place
- Field Office Operations: daily reports; fill out daily/weekly time sheets; fill out purchase orders; and maintain purchase order log
- Maintain and post drawings
- Training: attend assigned Grunley training; participate as an instructor in Grunley continuing education training programs; and provide on-the-job training for Foremen, Field Engineers, and Assistant Superintendents
This position requires strong leadership skills with a minimum of five (5) years of construction experience. The Superintendent must have general knowledge of all trades on the project and must be able to forecast and execute the required activities within the project schedule. The Superintendent oversees both Grunley employees and subcontractors’ operations. The Superintendent must have excellent communication skills and be able to interact with co-workers, owners, owners’ representatives and tenants. The Superintendent must be capable of learning new technical and non-technical information and applying it in the field in relatively short time periods.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or business.
- 10-hour OSHA
- CPR Certified
- First Aid Certified (current or be able to obtain before project start date)
How to apply
If you wish to express interest, please visit http://www.grunley.com/careers.
Grunley is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 240-399-6162 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Post ends 3/30/2018